Alice Sleight is a designer and textile artist based in the South of England. She graduated from Bath School of Art in 2015, with a First Class Honours in BA Contemporary Arts Practice and is currently studying for a MA in Textiles (knit) at the Royal College of Art.
She works primarily with textiles and illustration, specifically architectural illustration. Her work tends to revolve around the debate between fine art and craft, and the politics this involves. She aims to blur the boundaries between the two in her work.
Please email for CV or Artist Statement.
- Group Exhibition, Ropetackle Arts Centre, Shoreham-by-Sea, April 2009.
- ‘Surfaces Exhibition’, Sion Hill, Bath School of Art and Design, April/May 2013.
- Group Exhibition, Burdall’s Yard, Bath, December 2013.
- ‘Change the _ Record’, Walcot Chapel, Bath, March 2014.
- 'Libertas', 44AD Artspace, Bath, March 2014.
- 'Lonely Hearts', Burdall's Yard, Bath, March/April 2014.
- 'Making America', The American Museum, Bath, June 2014.
- Degree Show, Bath School of Art and Design, Sion Hill, June 2015.
- ‘RCA Work In Progress 2016’, Lower Gulbenkian Gallery, Royal College of Art, January 2016.
- ‘(NO) BODY’, Hockney Gallery, Royal College of Art, March 2016.
- Winner of By Hand London ‘Once Upon A Dream’ fabric design competition, 2015.