Alice Sleight is an artist and textile designer based in the South of England, specializing in hand knitting and textile crafts. She graduated from Bath School of Art in 2015, with a First Class Honours in BA Contemporary Arts Practice, and from the Royal College of Art in June 2017 with an MA in Knitted Textiles.
Her work revolves around the debate between fine art and craft, and in particular the issues surrounding ‘craft’ as a word and its cultural perception.
Working primarily with hand-knitting, Alice explores a variety of textile crafts in her work, ranging from cable-knitting to macramé, and consistently tries to provide an alternative view of these techniques’ application within both fine art and design.
Please email for CV or Artist Statement.
- Group Exhibition, Ropetackle Arts Centre, Shoreham-by-Sea, April 2009
- ‘Surfaces Exhibition’, Sion Hill, Bath School of Art and Design, April/May 2013
- Group Exhibition, Burdall’s Yard, Bath, December 2013
- ‘Change the _ Record’, Walcot Chapel, Bath, March 2014
- 'Libertas', 44AD Artspace, Bath, March 2014
- 'Lonely Hearts', Burdall's Yard, Bath, March/April 2014
- 'Making America', The American Museum, Bath, June 2014
- Degree Show, Bath School of Art and Design, Sion Hill, June 2015
- ‘RCA Work In Progress 2016’, Lower Gulbenkian Gallery, Royal College of Art, January 2016
- ‘(NO) BODY’, Hockney Gallery, Royal College of Art, March 2016
- ‘Other’ Exhibition, Courtyard Galleries, Royal College of Art, London, March 2016
- Work In Progress Show 2017, Royal College of Art, London, January 2017
- ‘34x14x10’, Hockney Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, February 2017
- Pompom Quarterly Magazine, London, June 2017
- Jennie Maizels LTD, Romsey, Hampshire, September 2014
- Finalist - ‘Campaign for Wool’ Wool Week Student Hand Knitting Awards, 2016
- Finalist - Haberdasher’s Benevolent Foundation Awards Day MA Fashion and Textiles, 2016
- Winner of By Hand London ‘Once Upon A Dream’ fabric design competition, 2015